Q - What is a board Foot?
A - A board foot is actually a measure of volume. By definition, a board foot is one square foot, one inch thick. To calculate board footage use the following formulas: Board Footage = width in inches x length in feet x thickness in inches.
Q - What constitutes Reclaimed Wood?
A - In all honesty, anything that may go to the trash. If it still has some life in it, we can repurpose it. Newer boards, ancient lumber, or even broken boards. Many of the new pieces of lumber we have, are turned around and offered back to the customer at a much lower price than the lumber yard. There may be some nail holes however.
Q - Why Verona, ND?
A - Besides living here, Verona is one of the few hidden Gems in ND. Sales tax is 5% compared to the larger cities @ 7% or higher . Plus the local folks here are pleasant, and welcoming. Please support the local businesses if you do come through.
Q - Why Reclaimed Wood?
A - Reclaimed wood is a very finite resource. These buildings were built to last. All by hand with craftsmanship that has long gone to the wayside. Our mission is to share Reclaimed Materials with you the customer. Fully displaying this craftsmanship through the lumber, our custom pieces, or just a good ol' story.
Q- What makes you stand out above your regional competitors?
A - Absolutely Nothing! They do amazing work! Our core business is providing the DIY customers, local lumber yards, cabinet makers, and any craftsperson with a variety of Truly Reclaimed Wood that is sourced within the North Dakota, South, Dakota, and Minnesota borders. When we are not reclaiming old structures. We are building crafts, tables, among other things, one at a time.
Reclaimed Lumber Disclaimer:
1. Due the variety of sizes, ALL lumber measurements are not exact. Thicknesses and widths vary. We recommend purchasing an additional 10% -15% extra to ensure proper coverage on shiplap and other accent boards.
2. The Lumber is pulled right from the structure and is lightly cleaned, trimmed if needed. Protruding nails are pulled. The wood may contain old broken off nails, holes from nails/ knots/ natural causes, splits, cracks, insects (dead or alive), remnants of paint (lead paint may be present), signs of wear, tool marks, pointy things, slivers, and small amounts of dry rot.
3. This lumber is not in perfect condition. It may be cupped, curled, and/or warped.
4. All lumber in the pictures may or may not match what is shipped. We try our best to sort it. If exact grain and/or textures are needed please contact us and we'll work with you to see if we can help.
5. Refunds are at the discretion of management. All custom pieces are non refundable once shipped. Orders may be cancelled prior to shipping. Please contact us. Refunds are available for bulk lumber purchases; Customer will pay shipping.